CDSSO and realm

Franck Richard

Hi ,

I am testing cdsso on an old OpenAM 11.0. It seems to work but I am not able to log in a realm with the Apache Web agent. Is there a way to force a realm with cdcservlet? I tried to add a query parameter like ?realm=myRealm in the URL without success…

Thanks

Franck

Re: CDSSO and realm

Alberto Treviño

I don't know how it works with OpenAM 11, but in OpenAM 12 and 13 you need to set up a few things. I found this guide explains the steps. Hopefully the setup for OpenAM 11 is the same.

https://wikis.forgerock.org/confluence/display/openam/Test+Multi-Tenant+Setup+with+Realms

--

Alberto Treviño

Developer, Web Access Mgmt Team

Information and Communication Systems

Am 24/10/16 um 13:37 schrieb Franck Richard:
> Hi ,
>

> I am testing cdsso on an old OpenAM 11.0. It seems to work but I am not
> able to log in a realm with the Apache Web agent. Is there a way to
> force a realm with cdcservlet? I tried to add a query parameter like
> ?realm=myRealm in the URL without success…

Actually this should work out-of-the box by adding the realm request
parameter.

However you need to be aware that there is a difference between
'realm=/myRealm' and 'realm=myRealm'.

-Bernhard

> Thanks
>

> Franck

Re: CDSSO and realm

Franck Richard
Hi Bernhard,

Thanks for your answer, that was my mistake... It works now.

I can see in the log that the web agent compare the URL and the root agent URL. What is the relation between the root agent URL and the resource URL?

In my example OpenAM is installed in the domain example.com, the web agent is in the same domain but I would like to access applications in server1.app1.example.com and server1.app.example1.com. Is that possible that one agent can manage those domain?

Thanks a lot.

Kind Regards

Franck

Am 24/10/16 um 13:37 schrieb Franck Richard:
> Hi ,
>

> I am testing cdsso on an old OpenAM 11.0. It seems to work but I am
> not able to log in a realm with the Apache Web agent. Is there a way
> to force a realm with cdcservlet? I tried to add a query parameter
> like ?realm=myRealm in the URL without success...

Actually this should work out-of-the box by adding the realm request parameter.

However you need to be aware that there is a difference between 'realm=/myRealm' and 'realm=myRealm'.

-Bernhard

> Thanks
>

> Franck

[hidden email] - Solution Architect http://www.xing.com/profile/Bernhard_Thalmayr

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information.If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this email in
error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Re: CDSSO and realm

Bernhard Thalmayr
Am 25/10/16 um 09:46 schrieb Franck Richard:
> Hi Bernhard,
>
> Thanks for your answer, that was my mistake... It works now.
>
> I can see in the log that the web agent compare the URL and the root agent URL. What is the relation between the root agent URL and the resource URL?
>
> In my example OpenAM is installed in the domain example.com, the web agent is in the same domain but I would like to access applications in server1.app1.example.com and server1.app.example1.com. Is that possible that one agent can manage those domain?

Yes that's possible. You may disable FQDN checking in the agent profile
so you don't need to configure FQDNmappings.

-Bernhard

> Thanks a lot.
>
> Kind Regards
>
> Franck

I have an issue if I try to access to a web application with different server name every time in the same domain with cross domain enabled. For example:

http://server1.app1.example.com/app1 works if Agent root URL is declared but http://server2.app1.example.com/app1 does not, I get the strange message 403x.

Could you tell me if web agent with cdsso enabled, is able to manage this kind of configuration where the server name is the name of a company or a user and it changes all the time?

Thanks in advance

Kind Regards

Franck

Am 25/10/16 um 09:46 schrieb Franck Richard:
> Hi Bernhard,
>
> Thanks for your answer, that was my mistake... It works now.
>
> I can see in the log that the web agent compare the URL and the root agent URL. What is the relation between the root agent URL and the resource URL?
>
> In my example OpenAM is installed in the domain example.com, the web agent is in the same domain but I would like to access applications in server1.app1.example.com and server1.app.example1.com. Is that possible that one agent can manage those domain?

Yes that's possible. You may disable FQDN checking in the agent profile so you don't need to configure FQDNmappings.

-Bernhard

> Thanks a lot.
>
> Kind Regards
>
> Franck

BrightMinds Dev
Hi Franck,

I have seen the 403x error when the OpenAM can not resolve the FQDN of the Agent protected URL.  It indeed is a strange message.

I would check to make sure that either a) nslookup on server2.app1.example.com resolves or b) you have a host file entry for server2.app1.example.com (of course method a) is preferred but if it doesn't resolve and you want to see if this is your issue doing b) may be easier to test than getting the entry into DNS... YMMV).

What I have found is that OpenAM does FQDN resolution just before redirecting back to the Agent and if it fails you get a 403x message.

Not sure if it is your issue but it appears like it might be....

HTH,

--Nikolaos

On 16-10-31 7:17 AM, Franck Richard wrote:
Hi Bernhard,

I have an issue if I try to access to a web application with different server name every time in the same domain with cross domain enabled. For example:

http://server1.app1.example.com/app1 works if Agent root URL is declared but http://server2.app1.example.com/app1 does not, I get the strange message 403x.

Could you tell me if web agent with cdsso enabled, is able to manage this kind of configuration where the server name is the name of a company or a user and it changes all the time?

Thanks in advance

Kind Regards

Franck

Re: CDSSO and realm

If you don't use anti cookie hijacking mode, 403x error is shown by the
CDCServlet, when the value of the 'ProviderID' request parameter sent to
the CDCServlet can not be machtched against an value of the
'agentRootURL' value of any agent profile.

-Bernhard