Display Error Callback Message on Login Page

Display Error Callback Message on Login Page

J Singh
I'm using OpenAM 13 on Tomcat 7. I have a scenario where I use Error Callback to communicate error messages back to the client. The problem is the error message is displayed on a different page i.e. other than the login page. I'd like to display the error page inside the main page i.e. where the user pressed the submit button. Below are the steps:

1. User provides Username/Password on main Login page
2. Custom Auth module kicks in and throws an error state by using error callback and "substituteHeader" method.
3. Error Message is rendered on a different page i.e. NOT on the main login page where a user was on originally.

Question: How to display the error message from using an error callback on the main login page?

Thank you for the help.

Re: Display Error Callback Message on Login Page

Bernhard Thalmayr
If you are using legacy UI, then you would need to build your own
LoginViewBean to achieve this.

-Bernhard

Am 13/02/17 um 20:37 schrieb J Singh:

> I'm using OpenAM 13 on Tomcat 7. I have a scenario where I use Error
> Callback to communicate error messages back to the client. The problem
> is the error message is displayed on a different page i.e. other than
> the login page. I'd like to display the error page inside the main page
> i.e. where the user pressed the submit button. Below are the steps:
>
> 1. User provides Username/Password on main Login page
> 2. Custom Auth module kicks in and throws an error state by using error
> callback and "substituteHeader" method.
> 3. Error Message is rendered on a different page i.e. NOT on the main
> login page where a user was on originally.
>
> Question: How to display the error message from using an error callback
> on the main login page?
>
> Thank you for the help.

Re: Display Error Callback Message on Login Page

J Singh
Great! Thanks.

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 4:06 PM, Bernhard Thalmayr <[hidden email]> wrote:
If you are using legacy UI, then you would need to build your own
LoginViewBean to achieve this.

-Bernhard

Am 13/02/17 um 20:37 schrieb J Singh:
> I'm using OpenAM 13 on Tomcat 7. I have a scenario where I use Error
> Callback to communicate error messages back to the client. The problem
> is the error message is displayed on a different page i.e. other than
> the login page. I'd like to display the error page inside the main page
> i.e. where the user pressed the submit button. Below are the steps:
>
> 1. User provides Username/Password on main Login page
> 2. Custom Auth module kicks in and throws an error state by using error
> callback and "substituteHeader" method.
> 3. Error Message is rendered on a different page i.e. NOT on the main
> login page where a user was on originally.
>
> Question: How to display the error message from using an error callback
> on the main login page?
>
> Thank you for the help.

Tel: <a href="tel:%2B49%20%280%298062%207769174" value="+4980627769174">+49 (0)8062 7769174
Mobile: <a href="tel:%2B49%20%280%29176%2055060699" value="+4917655060699">+49 (0)176 55060699