Goto URL in OpenAM web agent

Franck Richard

Hi All,

When I try to access to the base URL of a web application protected by a web agent, I am able to connect to the target URL but when I pass parameters to the same URL, after being authenticated I am supposed to open a specific page in the application due to the parameters but it seems that the URL in the goto parameter is incomplete and it fails.

Is there something that I missed somewhere with OpenAM 11.0 and the web agent?

Thanks

Franck

Re: Goto URL in OpenAM web agent

Paul Figura
Hi Frank,

Are you sure you configured all the possible wildcard combinations in your policy URL definitions? Specifically, the "?" character is an explicit case, and must be handled specifically in your policies.

So you will need to have something like: http://site.com/url/protected/*?* defined.

Regards,
Paul Figura
Identity & Access Management Architect
Indigo Consulting Canada
Tel: 514-432-6233
Email: [hidden email]  http://www.indigoconsulting.ca

On 3/16/2016 11:53 AM, Franck Richard wrote:

Hi All,

When I try to access to the base URL of a web application protected by a web agent, I am able to connect to the target URL but when I pass parameters to the same URL, after being authenticated I am supposed to open a specific page in the application due to the parameters but it seems that the URL in the goto parameter is incomplete and it fails.

Is there something that I missed somewhere with OpenAM 11.0 and the web agent?

Thanks

Franck

Re: Goto URL in OpenAM web agent

Franck Richard

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your suggestion. Finally it was a stupid error in the web agent configuration. The domain name was protected by a conditional URL parameter and it was working fine but further in the configuration file there was a not enforced URL on this domain with wildcard parameters like you give as example below.

URL to the application was well protected, but the URL to the application with parameters was not.

Thanks

Franck