Handling Federation Error

Rife, Brandon
I haven’t been able to find a definitive answer to this in the OpenAM documentation.  We want to be able to handle any errors that occur during federation where we are the service provider.  By errors, I mean anything that prevents the user from federating into our applications.  Currently the user is routed to the login page which is not helpful because the user in all likelihood cannot authenticate via user/password.  BTW, our login page in not hosted on the OpenAM server so our configuration is not standard in that respect.  Thanks for any help you can offer.

NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged, proprietary or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email, and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in error please immediately notify me via reply email or at (800) 927-9800 and permanently delete the original copy and any copy of any e-mail, and any printout.

Re: Handling Federation Error

Jari Ahonen
Hi,

See this earlier answer to similar question:
https://lists.forgerock.org/pipermail/openam/2014-October/039094.html

The relevant Javadoc is here: https://backstage.forgerock.com/static/docs/openam/13/apidocs/com/sun/identity/saml2/plugins/SAML2ServiceProviderAdapter.html

HTH

- Jari