Missing bind from OpenAM when using AD authentication module

Missing bind from OpenAM when using AD authentication module

Bernie Jones

I’ve configured an Active Directory authentication module and am now trying to test user authentication against it.

This has been configured as per the relevant doc’n.

However, when I try a login I get an authentication error reported.

Using Wireshark to trace packets between OpenAM and AD I see the following in response to the ldapsearch from OpenAM:

LDAPMessage searchResDone(133) operationsError (000004DC: LdapErr: DSID-0C0906E8, comment: In order to perform this operation a successful bind must be completed on the connection., data 0, v1db1) [0 results]

If I look at the details of the ldapsearch itself there appears to be no bind DN and credentials supplied even though these are configured in the AD module definition.

The search parameters and filter are correct – but it seems no bind DN or password is sent.

Any ideas please?

Thanks,

Bernie

Avast logo