OpenAM 13: Custom subjects & conditions not rendering properly in policy editor

OpenAM 13: Custom subjects & conditions not rendering properly in policy editor

Greg Wright
We recently started working with OpenAM 13, in preparation for migrating from OpenAM 12. One of the things I am struggling with at the moment is getting the policy editor to render the "human readable" title and property labels from [exploded-war-dir]/XUI/locales/en/translation.json for our custom subject types and conditions.

The symptoms are pretty much what is described in OPENAM-8912 (https://bugster.forgerock.org/jira/browse/OPENAM-8912), except that I have updated [exploded-war-dir]/XUI/locales/en/translation.json from OpenAM 13 to contain the new subject and environment condition definitions. The labels for all of the default subject types and conditions are rendering as expected, but for our custom items we are getting something along the lines of the following:

1. A title of "console.authorization.policies.edit.subjectTypes.SubjectAttributeLiteralValueMatcher.title"
2. Property name labels of "console.authorization.policies.edit.subjectTypes.SubjectAttributeLiteralValueMatcher.props.requiredAttributeName" and
"console.authorization.policies.edit.subjectTypes.SubjectAttributeLiteralValueMatcher.props.attributeValue"

The subject types and conditions are properly registered for the Policy Set, and they work in the policies even though the translated labels are not being rendered.

Any ideas on how to address / approach this would be appreciated, including which debug logs might have further diagnostic information related to this issue.

Greg Wright | Government Services
Red Rock Business Advisors
(m) 540-718-3430

Follow Red Rock on LinkedINFacebook, and Twitter!

Re: OpenAM 13: Custom subjects & conditions not rendering properly in policy editor

Alberto Treviño

I had a similar issue and it turned out to be a caching issue where the browser cached the old translation.json file and would not load the updated file. Try logging in in an anonymous window and see if that resolves the problem. If it does, then either clearing your cache or using the browser's developer tools to refresh the translation.json file may resolve the issue.

--

Alberto Treviño

Developer, Web Access Mgmt Team

Information and Communication Systems

On Monday, October 31, 2016 12:32:56 PM MDT Greg Wright wrote:

[...]

Alberto,

Funny, I thought of that in the shower this morning. ;)  Simple solutions are best. Thank you very much, that totally does the trick.

Greg

From: Alberto Trevi?o <[hidden email]>
To: <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [OpenAM] OpenAM 13: Custom subjects & conditions not
        rendering       properly in policy editor

I had a similar issue and it turned out to be a caching issue where the browser cached the old translation.json file and would not load the updated file. Try logging in in an anonymous window and see if that resolves the problem. If it does, then either clearing your cache or using the browser's developer tools to refresh the translation.json file may resolve the issue.

--
Alberto Trevi?o

The symptoms are pretty much what is described in OPENAM-8912 (<a href="https://bugster.forgerock.org/jira/browse/OPENAM-8912[1]" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">https://bugster.forgerock.org/jira/browse/OPENAM-8912[1]), except that I have updated [exploded-war-dir]/XUI/locales/en/translation.json from OpenAM 13 to contain the new subject and environment condition definitions. The labels for all of the default subject types and conditions are rendering as expected, but for our custom items we are getting something along the lines of the following:

1. A title of "console.authorization.policies.edit.subjectTypes.SubjectAttributeLiteralValueMatcher.title"

2. Property name labels of "console.authorization.policies.edit.subjectTypes.SubjectAttributeLiteralValueMatcher.props.requiredAttributeName" and "console.authorization.policies.edit.subjectTypes.SubjectAttributeLiteralValueMatcher.props.attributeValue"

The subject types and conditions are properly registered for the Policy Set, and they work in the policies even though the translated labels are not being rendered.

Any ideas on how to address / approach this would be appreciated, including which debug logs might have further diagnostic information related to this issue.

*Greg Wright | Government Services

Red Rock Business Advisors[2]
(m) *<a href="tel:540-718-3430" value="+15407183430">540-718-3430
/*Follow Red Rock on LinkedIN[3], Facebook[4], and Twitter[5]!*/