OpenAM Web Policy Agent (any version) does not work with Oracle HTTP Server 12c

OpenAM Web Policy Agent (any version) does not work with Oracle HTTP Server 12c

Christina Barbonio

Hi,

We’ve been trying to configure Web Policy Agent into Oracle HTTP Server 12c (Apache 2.4) without success.

We try all the possible combination.  It is working on Oracle HTTP Server 11g and vanilla installation of Apache HTTP 2.4.

Policy Agent

Server

Component

Web Container

Result

Web Policy Agent 4.0.0

server1.calista.com.au

httpd

Vanilla installation of Apache HTTP 2.4

SUCCESS: HTTP started

Web Policy Agent 4.0.0

server1.calista.com.au

ohs1

Oracle-HTTP-Server-12.2.2.0 (Apache 2.4.20)

OHS FAILED TO START

Web Policy Agent 3.3.4

server1.calista.com.au

ohs1

Oracle-HTTP-Server-12.2.2.0 (Apache 2.4.20)

OHS FAILED TO START

Web Policy Agent 3.3.3

server1calista.com.au

ohs2

Oracle-HTTP-Server-12.2.2.0 (Apache 2.4.20)

OHS FAILED TO START

Web Policy Agent 3.3.0

server1.calista.com.au

ohs1

Oracle-HTTP-Server-12.2.2.0 (Apache 2.4.20)

OHS FAILED TO START

Web Policy Agent 3.1.0-Xpress (EOSL)

server1.calista.com.au

ohs2

Oracle-HTTP-Server-12.2.2.0 (Apache 2.4.20)

OHS FAILED TO START

Web Policy Agent 4.0.0

server2. callista.com.au

ohs1

Oracle-HTTP-Server-11.1.1.7.0 (Apache 2.2)

SUCCESS: HTTP  started

Web Policy Agent 3.1.0-Xpress (EOSL)

**current configuration

ohs1

Oracle-HTTP-Server-11.1.1.7.0 (Apache 2.2)

SUCCESS: HTTP  started

Server

OS

Server1

RHEL 7.2 (Maipo)

Serve2

RHEL 6.4 (Santiago)

Result:

OHS 12C fails to start will ALL the Web Policy Agent.

OHS 11g  succeeded even with the latest Web Policy Agent (4.0.0)

Vanilla version of Apache 2.4 in m-12c-upg has no problem with Policy Agent.

Any help please ?

Kind Regards,

Christina Barbonio

Senior Database Administrator

Tribal
Level 4, 27 Brougham Street, Geelong VIC 3220

T +61 (3) 5227 8836

[hidden email]

www.tribalgroup.com

cid:image002.png@01D22537.FD989530  cid:image004.png@01D22537.FD989530  cid:image006.png@01D22537.FD989530  cid:image008.png@01D22537.FD989530  cid:image010.png@01D22537.FD989530

Tribal Group Pty Limited. Registered office: Level 7, 50 Pitt Street, Sydney, NSW 2000
Company registered in Australia: ACN 078 516 248

Help save trees – print less.

***************************
Information contained in this e-mail is intended for the use of the addressee only, is confidential and may be the subject of Legal Professional Privilege. Any dissemination, distribution, copying or use of this communication without our prior permission or that of the addressee is strictly prohibited.
The contents of an attachment to this e-mail may contain software viruses, which could damage your own computer system. While Tribal has taken every reasonable precaution to minimise this risk, we cannot accept liability for any damage which you sustain as a result of software viruses. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening the attachment.

Re: OpenAM Web Policy Agent (any version) does not work with Oracle HTTP Server 12c

Bernhard Thalmayr

OHS is a custom build of Apache HTTP server from Oracle ...

if Oracle changed some API the agent relies on it can not work.

There is no Agent for OHS, because there are no developer docs available
from Oracle.

Development of an Agent would be trial and error.

-Bernhard