OpenAM fails to start

Franck Richard

Hi,

I add another instance of OpenAM 11.0 to an existing one. I am unable to start the second one if the first OpenAM is not stated. I have this kind of error:

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to load configuration: ApplicationSSOTokenProvider.getApplicationSSOToken(): Unable to get Application SSO Token

I ckecked the bootstrap file, I checked the repository configuration, setting localhost everywhere in each repository… I still have the same issue.

I would appreciate some help

Thanks in advance

Franck

Re: OpenAM fails to start

LOW Chee Chong
The bootstrap file on 2nd instance is pointing to config directory server in 1st instance?

--
Chee Chong
web: http://azlabs.sg

On Aug 23, 2016, at 5:17 PM, Franck Richard <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I add another instance of OpenAM 11.0 to an existing one. I am unable to start the second one if the first OpenAM is not stated. I have this kind of error:

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to load configuration: ApplicationSSOTokenProvider.getApplicationSSOToken(): Unable to get Application SSO Token

I ckecked the bootstrap file, I checked the repository configuration, setting localhost everywhere in each repository… I still have the same issue.

I would appreciate some help

Thanks in advance

Franck

Re: OpenAM fails to start

Franck Richard

Hi,

The boostrap file on the second instance is pointing to ldap://localhost:50389/http%3A%2F%2Fservername.domain.com%3A8080%2Fopenam?user=cn%3Ddsameuser….

Is that correct?

Thanks

Franck

Re: OpenAM fails to start

LOW Chee Chong
If it’s pointing to localhost, OpenAM should picks configuration from embedded OpenDJ and be able to boot.
Look at the debug logs for more clue then. Turn to MESSAGE level if required.

--
Chee Chong

On Aug 23, 2016, at 9:50 PM, Franck Richard <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

The boostrap file on the second instance is pointing to <a href="ldap://localhost:50389/http%3A%2F%2Fservername.domain.com%3A8080%2Fopenam?user=cn%3Ddsameuser" style="color: purple; text-decoration: underline;" class="">ldap://localhost:50389/http%3A%2F%2Fservername.domain.com%3A8080%2Fopenam?user=cn%3Ddsameuser….

Is that correct?

Thanks

Franck

Re: OpenAM fails to start

Franck Richard

Hi,

The issue came from the j2ee agent that protect an application on the same tomcat. When both OpenAM instances are stopped the J2ee agent can’t get a SSO token and the agentapp application raises an exception and stops Tomcat.

It is weird that the J2ee agent prevent Tomcat from booting when it does not get a token…

Franck

If it’s pointing to localhost, OpenAM should picks configuration from embedded OpenDJ and be able to boot.

Look at the debug logs for more clue then. Turn to MESSAGE level if required.

--
Chee Chong

On Aug 23, 2016, at 9:50 PM, Franck Richard <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

The boostrap file on the second instance is pointing to <a href="ldap://localhost:50389/http%3A%2F%2Fservername.domain.com%3A8080%2Fopenam?user=cn%3Ddsameuser">ldap://localhost:50389/http%3A%2F%2Fservername.domain.com%3A8080%2Fopenam?user=cn%3Ddsameuser….

Is that correct?

Thanks

Franck

Re: OpenAM fails to start

LOW Chee Chong

It’s best not to use a single Tomcat instance for 2 deployment – OpenAM Server and Application where an OpenAM agent will be deployed.

The issue came from the j2ee agent that protect an application on the same tomcat. When both OpenAM instances are stopped the J2ee agent can’t get a SSO token and the agentapp application raises an exception and stops Tomcat.

It is weird that the J2ee agent prevent Tomcat from booting when it does not get a token…

Franck

Re: OpenAM fails to start

Allan Foster
The assumption when you have a j2ee agent is that it is going to protect the app server.  If the agent cannot do that,  it is reasonable for the app server not to start.

It is not supported to have the deployed protected app and openam on the same server

Allan

Sent from my iPad