OpenAM setup with MySQL DataStores has problem with user forgot password feature

OpenAM setup with MySQL DataStores has problem with user forgot password feature

Long kyo
Hi all,

When i try to config OpenAM working with MySQL Datastores,
enable forgot password feature > fill user info in forget form submit and press submit, behind error has occur
--------------
Unable to reset your password
query filter search is not supported as yet
--------------

In /root/openam/openam/debug/CoreSystem log file
--------------
amIdentityServices:04/13/2016 02:52:49:036 AM UTC: Thread[http-bio-8080-exec-8,5,main]: TransactionId[92e72297-7a88-4d60-885f-01f48c2d3eac-334]
ERROR: IdentityServicesImpl.searchIdentities
Message:query filter search is not supported as yet

        at com.sun.identity.idm.plugins.database.JdbcSimpleUserDao.search(JdbcSimpleUserDao.java:1078)
        at com.sun.identity.idm.plugins.database.DatabaseRepo.search(DatabaseRepo.java:1412)
        at com.sun.identity.idm.server.IdServicesImpl.search(IdServicesImpl.java:1534)
        at com.sun.identity.idm.server.IdCachedServicesImpl.search(IdCachedServicesImpl.java:623)
        at com.sun.identity.idm.AMIdentityRepository.searchIdentities(AMIdentityRepository.java:379)
        at com.sun.identity.idsvcs.opensso.IdentityServicesImpl.fetchAMIdentities(IdentityServicesImpl.java:1009)
--------------

I check source code in github

-> Dealing with a query filter is not supported as yet and will give an empty map.
Oh, it alway throw IdRepoUnsupportedOpException("query filter search is not supported as yet")

So i want to ask
1. OpenAM is not support user forgot password feature with MySQL DataStore?
2. Have any solution with MySQL to using forgot password feature ( for ex: build other service to using OpenAM API, build other service to implement user forget feature only,...)

Tks all,
PS: I has try with embedded OpenDJ and it has work well.

--
Tạ Vũ Long (ター ヴー ロン)

Re: OpenAM setup with MySQL DataStores has problem with user forgot password feature

Bernhard Thalmayr
JDBC DataStore is 'early access' for years already and not really tested.

-Bernhard