OpenDJ 3.0 Enterprise vs OEM

Matthew Ecklund

On the ForgeRock downloads page there is a listing for OpenDJ Enterprise and OpenDJ OEM.

What are the differences?  There are few references in the documentation about “OEM” and they don’t seem to give much about what it is.

My assumption is the OEM is a subset of the Enterprise edition.  I may be completely incorrect in that assumption, though.

Currently I am running 2.6.x.  It is a replicated OpenDJ cluster that is used for an external OpenAM config store, Core Token Service (Session store), and a few users for testing purposes.

This is not my user store and I have no plans to use it as such, but it might eventually be a user store.

How would I know which I should use?  OEM or Enterprise?

Thanks in advance,

Matthew Ecklund

Re: OpenDJ 3.0 Enterprise vs OEM

Ludovic Poitou
Yes, the OEM version is a subset of the Enterprise version. The only difference between the 2 versions is that the OEM version only provides the new PDB database backend while the enterprise version delivers both the JE and the PDB database backends.

The OEM version is only available to our customers, and more specifically to our OEM customers that are redistributing it (although we do allow all customers to download).

I would recommend that you remain with the Enterprise version, you have no reason to use the OEM version.

Kind regards,

Ludo
Ludovic Poitou
Product Management Director - Directory Services / OpenDJ
ForgeRock