Re: Sybase and OpenAM

Bourne, Nick

Hi,

Has anyone any experience of setting up OpenAM with Sybase as the user repository? (Sybase is currently setup using Security Services for AuthN and AuthZ for applications.)

Then, is there any way of propagating users from Sybase across to OpenDJ or will users forever have to stay in Sybase until such time as they are migrated across?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Sybase and OpenAM

Nicolas Seigneur
Hello Nick, while I have never tried Sybase directly, any Relational Database as the user repository is experimental with OpenAM.

This sounds like a Use Case for OpenIDM where identities from Sybase are synchronized into the OpenDJ LDAP Directory. This would allow to integrate OpenAM with the preferred and supported user repository while given you fine control over Identity Management between the existing Relational Database and the IAM User Repository.

Nicolas Seigneur
Indigo Consulting Canada

On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 5:04 PM, Bourne, Nick <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

Has anyone any experience of setting up OpenAM with Sybase as the user repository? (Sybase is currently setup using Security Services for AuthN and AuthZ for applications.)

Then, is there any way of propagating users from Sybase across to OpenDJ or will users forever have to stay in Sybase until such time as they are migrated across?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Sybase and OpenAM

Bourne, Nick

Nicolas,

At this point we are just looking at using Sybase as an Authentication source, I agree with you if we wanted to use OpenIDM but tight timescales means I have to try doing it this way first.

Where can I download the .jar file I need for OpenAM please?

Thanks

[...]

Indigo Technologies Canada, Inc.
mobile: +1.514.
965.4890