Session information endpoint

Alberto Treviño

We're looking for a way to extract information from an OpenAM session. We have the cookie value and would like to know the username, creation date/time, expiration and the auth level.

Is there an endpoint in OpenAM that could get us that information about the session?

--

Alberto Treviño

Developer, Enterprise Authentication Team

Information and Communication Systems, LDS Church

Re: Session information endpoint

Bernhard Thalmayr
Which version of OpenAM are you using?

Which API/technology do you want to use? For sure you can get all those
informations by using OpenAM Java Client SDK.

-Bernhard

Am 13/03/17 um 20:45 schrieb Alberto Treviño:

> We're looking for a way to extract information from an OpenAM session.
> We have the cookie value and would like to know the username, creation
> date/time, expiration and the auth level.
>

> Is there an endpoint in OpenAM that could get us that information about
> the session?
>

> --
>
> Alberto Treviño
>
> Developer, Enterprise Authentication Team
>
> Information and Communication Systems, LDS Church

Re: Session information endpoint

Alberto Treviño

Thanks for the response. Sorry, I was not very specific.

We want to query it via web services / REST for debugging purposes. I've been able to get the username and realm. But, I haven't been able to found out the other values.

Thanks.

--

On Tuesday, March 14, 2017 3:22:13 PM MDT Bernhard Thalmayr wrote:

> Which version of OpenAM are you using?

> Which API/technology do you want to use? For sure you can get all those

> informations by using OpenAM Java Client SDK.

> -Bernhard

> Am 13/03/17 um 20:45 schrieb Alberto Treviño:

> > We're looking for a way to extract information from an OpenAM session.

> > We have the cookie value and would like to know the username, creation

> > date/time, expiration and the auth level.

> > Is there an endpoint in OpenAM that could get us that information about

> > the session?

Re: Session information endpoint

Bernhard Thalmayr
As you want to use RESTful WebServices, the OpenAM version is even more
important, so which one are you using?

-Bernhard

Am 15/03/17 um 04:20 schrieb Alberto Treviño:

> Thanks for the response. Sorry, I was not very specific.
>

> We want to query it via web services / REST for debugging purposes. I've
> been able to get the username and realm. But, I haven't been able to
> found out the other values.
>

> Thanks.
>

> --
>
> Alberto Treviño
>
> Developer, Enterprise Authentication Team
>
> Information and Communication Systems
>

> On Tuesday, March 14, 2017 3:22:13 PM MDT Bernhard Thalmayr wrote:
>
>> Which version of OpenAM are you using?
>

>> Which API/technology do you want to use? For sure you can get all those
>
>> informations by using OpenAM Java Client SDK.
>

>> -Bernhard
>

>> Am 13/03/17 um 20:45 schrieb Alberto Treviño:
>
>> > We're looking for a way to extract information from an OpenAM session.
>
>> > We have the cookie value and would like to know the username, creation
>
>> > date/time, expiration and the auth level.
>

>> > Is there an endpoint in OpenAM that could get us that information about
>
>> > the session?

Re: Session information endpoint

Alberto Treviño

Currently we are using:

json/sessions/{tokenId}?_action=validate

That returns the username and the user's realm. I don't know if there is a magic action that will show the rest of the session attributes.

--

On Friday, March 17, 2017 1:50:44 AM MDT Bernhard Thalmayr wrote:

> As you want to use RESTful WebServices, the OpenAM version is even more

> important, so which one are you using?

> -Bernhard

> Am 15/03/17 um 04:20 schrieb Alberto Treviño:

> > Thanks for the response. Sorry, I was not very specific.

> > We want to query it via web services / REST for debugging purposes. I've

> > been able to get the username and realm. But, I haven't been able to

> > found out the other values.

> > Thanks.

> >> Which version of OpenAM are you using?

> >> Which API/technology do you want to use? For sure you can get all those

> >> informations by using OpenAM Java Client SDK.

> >> -Bernhard

> > Visit the OpenAM forum at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__forgerock.org_forum_fr-2Dprojects_openam_&d=DwIF-g&c=z0adcvxXWKG6LAMN6dVEqQ&r=qCEer_ZIRmYncDJiiJGOOJObdd-XgPYb9CYqNHLVx4M&m=VJEK8nCpQjMpSU9HeW1sc8JwkWcEhv6c1e3Nq15TO1Q&s=pQ5SXBx_6BhMCwtyT75ClLl8bbiWM09zuWY61SJR8rc&e=

> > OpenAM mailing list

> > [hidden email]

Re: Session information endpoint

Bernhard Thalmayr
If you do not anwer my question about the version, how could you expect
to get an answer?

-Bernhard

Am 17/03/17 um 20:33 schrieb Alberto Treviño:

> Currently we are using:
>

> json/sessions/{tokenId}?_action=validate
>

> That returns the username and the user's realm. I don't know if there is
> a magic action that will show the rest of the session attributes.
>

> --
>
> Alberto Treviño
>
> Developer, Enterprise Authentication Team
>
> Information and Communication Systems
>

> On Friday, March 17, 2017 1:50:44 AM MDT Bernhard Thalmayr wrote:
>
>> As you want to use RESTful WebServices, the OpenAM version is even more
>
>> important, so which one are you using?
>

>> -Bernhard
>

>> Am 15/03/17 um 04:20 schrieb Alberto Treviño:
>
>> > Thanks for the response. Sorry, I was not very specific.
>

>> > We want to query it via web services / REST for debugging purposes. I've
>
>> > been able to get the username and realm. But, I haven't been able to
>
>> > found out the other values.
>

>> > Thanks.

> session.

> creation

> about

>> > Visit the OpenAM forum at
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__forgerock.org_forum_fr-2Dprojects_openam_&d=DwIF-g&c=z0adcvxXWKG6LAMN6dVEqQ&r=qCEer_ZIRmYncDJiiJGOOJObdd-XgPYb9CYqNHLVx4M&m=VJEK8nCpQjMpSU9HeW1sc8JwkWcEhv6c1e3Nq15TO1Q&s=pQ5SXBx_6BhMCwtyT75ClLl8bbiWM09zuWY61SJR8rc&e=
>

>> > OpenAM mailing list
>
>> > [hidden email]

Re: Session information endpoint

Alberto Treviño

Sorry. Version 13.5.

--

On Monday, March 20, 2017 2:14:17 AM MDT Bernhard Thalmayr wrote:

> If you do not anwer my question about the version, how could you expect

> to get an answer?

> -Bernhard

> Am 17/03/17 um 20:33 schrieb Alberto Treviño:

> > Currently we are using:

> > json/sessions/{tokenId}?_action=validate

> > That returns the username and the user's realm. I don't know if there is

> > a magic action that will show the rest of the session attributes.

> >> As you want to use RESTful WebServices, the OpenAM version is even more

> >> important, so which one are you using?

> >> -Bernhard

> > session.

> > creation

> > about

> > https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__forgerock.org_forum_fr-2Dprojects_openam_&d=DwIF-g&c=z0adcvxXWKG6LAMN6dVEqQ&r=qCEer_ZIRmYncDJiiJGOOJObdd-XgPYb9CYqNHLVx4M&m=VJEK8nCpQjMpSU9HeW1sc8JwkWcEhv6c1e3Nq15TO1Q&s=pQ5SXBx_6BhMCwtyT75ClLl8bbiWM09zuWY61SJR8rc&e=

> > Visit the OpenAM forum at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__forgerock.org_forum_fr-2Dprojects_openam_&d=DwIF-g&c=z0adcvxXWKG6LAMN6dVEqQ&r=qCEer_ZIRmYncDJiiJGOOJObdd-XgPYb9CYqNHLVx4M&m=yzCr-eYVAcyjnkh7THAlENnnLgsEMxnm9WqceAo-GKo&s=jUeh0uZO4ngebI0bkdfFhZ6ztFabqSH24j1OeFS656A&e=

> > OpenAM mailing list

> > [hidden email]

Re: Session information endpoint

Alberto Treviño

Actually, I'm breaking the contract now, before I deploy to CF.

For the HEAD version of the call, these are the request headers:

X-PDP-Source-IP (required)

X-PDP-Method (required -- formally X-PDP-Operation)

X-PDP-URL (required)

X-PDP-Session (optional)

X-PDP-Authorization (optional)

These are the response headers (see the explanation below on when these headers appear):

X-PDP-Action

X-PDP-Location

X-PDP-Header-{header-name}

X-PDP-Cookie-{cookie-name}

For the POST version of the call, this is the JSON object:

{

"sourceIp": "(required)",

"url": "(required)",

"method": "(required -- formally operation)",

"session": "(optional)",

"authorization": "optional"

}

The response JSON is:

{

"action": "allow|deny|forward",

"location": "(optional, depends on action)",

"headers": {"key1": "value1"},

"cookies": {"key1": "value1"}

}

- The location and cookies attributes only appears with action forward.

- The headers attribute only appears with action allow.

- When action is deny, only the action is returned.

--

Alberto Treviño

Developer, Enterprise Authentication Team

Information and Communication Systems

On Monday, March 20, 2017 8:03:58 AM MDT Alberto Treviño wrote:

Sorry. Version 13.5.

--

Alberto Treviño

Developer, Enterprise Authentication Team

Information and Communication Systems

On Monday, March 20, 2017 2:14:17 AM MDT Bernhard Thalmayr wrote:

> If you do not anwer my question about the version, how could you expect

> to get an answer?

> -Bernhard

> Am 17/03/17 um 20:33 schrieb Alberto Treviño:

> > Currently we are using:

> > json/sessions/{tokenId}?_action=validate

> > That returns the username and the user's realm. I don't know if there is

> > a magic action that will show the rest of the session attributes.

> >> As you want to use RESTful WebServices, the OpenAM version is even more

> >> important, so which one are you using?

> >> -Bernhard

> > session.

> > creation

> > about

> > https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__forgerock.org_forum_fr-2Dprojects_openam_&d=DwIF-g&c=z0adcvxXWKG6LAMN6dVEqQ&r=qCEer_ZIRmYncDJiiJGOOJObdd-XgPYb9CYqNHLVx4M&m=VJEK8nCpQjMpSU9HeW1sc8JwkWcEhv6c1e3Nq15TO1Q&s=pQ5SXBx_6BhMCwtyT75ClLl8bbiWM09zuWY61SJR8rc&e=

> > Visit the OpenAM forum at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__forgerock.org_forum_fr-2Dprojects_openam_&d=DwIF-g&c=z0adcvxXWKG6LAMN6dVEqQ&r=qCEer_ZIRmYncDJiiJGOOJObdd-XgPYb9CYqNHLVx4M&m=yzCr-eYVAcyjnkh7THAlENnnLgsEMxnm9WqceAo-GKo&s=jUeh0uZO4ngebI0bkdfFhZ6ztFabqSH24j1OeFS656A&e=

> > OpenAM mailing list

> > [hidden email]

Re: Session information endpoint

Alberto Treviño

The PDP POC is now in Cloud Foundry. It can be found at the following host:

pdp-ws.app-dev.lds.org

You can access the Swagger documentation (allowing you to quickly test the POST API) at the following URL:

https://pdp-ws.app-dev.lds.org/swagger-ui.html

The evaluation endpoint is located at:

https://pdp-ws.app-dev.lds.org/api/evaluation

This instance is pointing to the wamtest instance of OpenAM. If you want to test with real sessions, you'll have to sign in to ident-wamtest to get a valid session and pass it as the session parameter to the PDP.

Enjoy!

--

On Monday, March 20, 2017 8:31:23 AM MDT Alberto Treviño wrote:

> [...]

> >> As you want to use RESTful WebServices, the OpenAM version is even more

> >> important, so which one are you using?

> >> -Bernhard

> > session.

> > creation

> > about

> > https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__forgerock.org_forum_fr-2Dprojects_openam_&d=DwIF-g&c=z0adcvxXWKG6LAMN6dVEqQ&r=qCEer_ZIRmYncDJiiJGOOJObdd-XgPYb9CYqNHLVx4M&m=VJEK8nCpQjMpSU9HeW1sc8JwkWcEhv6c1e3Nq15TO1Q&s=pQ5SXBx_6BhMCwtyT75ClLl8bbiWM09zuWY61SJR8rc&e=

> > Visit the OpenAM forum at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__forgerock.org_forum_fr-2Dprojects_openam_&d=DwIF-g&c=z0adcvxXWKG6LAMN6dVEqQ&r=qCEer_ZIRmYncDJiiJGOOJObdd-XgPYb9CYqNHLVx4M&m=yzCr-eYVAcyjnkh7THAlENnnLgsEMxnm9WqceAo-GKo&s=jUeh0uZO4ngebI0bkdfFhZ6ztFabqSH24j1OeFS656A&e=

Oh, the username and password into the service is:

Username: demo

Password: demo

Very simple. The REST calls require basic auth with those credentials.

--

> [...]

> >> As you want to use RESTful WebServices, the OpenAM version is even more

> >> important, so which one are you using?

> >> -Bernhard

> > session.

> > creation

> > about

> > https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__forgerock.org_forum_fr-2Dprojects_openam_&d=DwIF-g&c=z0adcvxXWKG6LAMN6dVEqQ&r=qCEer_ZIRmYncDJiiJGOOJObdd-XgPYb9CYqNHLVx4M&m=VJEK8nCpQjMpSU9HeW1sc8JwkWcEhv6c1e3Nq15TO1Q&s=pQ5SXBx_6BhMCwtyT75ClLl8bbiWM09zuWY61SJR8rc&e=

> > Visit the OpenAM forum at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__forgerock.org_forum_fr-2Dprojects_openam_&d=DwIF-g&c=z0adcvxXWKG6LAMN6dVEqQ&r=qCEer_ZIRmYncDJiiJGOOJObdd-XgPYb9CYqNHLVx4M&m=yzCr-eYVAcyjnkh7THAlENnnLgsEMxnm9WqceAo-GKo&s=jUeh0uZO4ngebI0bkdfFhZ6ztFabqSH24j1OeFS656A&e=

Sorry, these were not supposed to be a reply to this thread. So so sorry!