Update to openam12

Francisco Rodriguez Corredor
Hi all,

we have an openAM V10 instance and we want to upgrade it to versión 12.
Is there any guide to proceed with this update?

Thanks in advance.

--

Francisco Rodríguez Corredor
Dept. Sistemas de Información

francisco_r_corredor.vcf (457 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Update to openam12

Peter Major
https://backstage.forgerock.com/#!/docs/openam/12.0.0/upgrade-guide

2016. 01. 28. 10:30 keltezéssel, Francisco Rodriguez Corredor írta:
> Hi all,
>
> we have an openAM V10 instance and we want to upgrade it to versión 12.
> Is there any guide to proceed with this update?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Re: Update to openam12

Joe Fletcher-2
But read the V11 release notes too. There's some info regarding changes to policy definitions and handling that's important know.

2016. 01. 28. 10:30 keltezéssel, Francisco Rodriguez Corredor írta:
> Hi all,
>
> we have an openAM V10 instance and we want to upgrade it to versión 12.
> Is there any guide to proceed with this update?
>
> Thanks in advance.
This email with all information contained herein or attached hereto may contain confidential and/or privileged information intended for the addressee(s) only. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender and immediately delete this email in its entirety and any attachments thereto.

Re: Update to openam12

Francisco Rodriguez Corredor
Hi all,

    I have read the links about openam upgrade and in both of them I have read: "Since OpenAM 10.1, the session tools are no longer needed. Upgrading other tools consists of installing new tools and customizing tools scripts as necessary."

    So, isn't necessary to use Session Tools in openamV12? Isn't necessary to use the "amsfo" script to have shared sessions in every node of the cluster?

    Thanks in advance.

El 28/01/16 18:19, Joe Fletcher escribió:
But read the V11 release notes too. There's some info regarding changes to policy definitions and handling that's important know.

francisco_r_corredor.vcf (457 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Update to openam12

Bernhard Thalmayr
Am 05/02/16 um 12:54 schrieb Francisco Rodriguez Corredor:

> Hi all,
>
>     I have read the links about openam upgrade and in both of them I
> have read: "Since OpenAM 10.1, *the session tools are no longer needed*.
> Upgrading other tools consists of installing new tools and customizing
> tools scripts as necessary."
>
>     So, isn't necessary to use Session Tools in openamV12? Isn't
> necessary to use the "amsfo" script to have shared sessions in every
> node of the cluster?

No as the JMQ / BDB solution is not used anymore. Since OpenAM 11.0.0
OpenDJ has been used as the persistent store for SSO sessions.

-Bernhard

>     Thanks in advance.
>

> El 28/01/16 18:19, Joe Fletcher escribió:
>> But read the V11 release notes too. There's some info regarding changes to policy definitions and handling that's important know.

Re: Update to openam13

Francisco Rodriguez Corredor
Hi again,

    I have updated my openam V10 server to V13 but I have found several problems:
  • before update I had two realms, everyone pointing to a LDAP server. One of them has stopped working after the update, when I go to the "Subjects" tab it doesn't show the list of users on that LDAP, any idea? I had to update also JDK to version 8 and apache tomcat also to version 8.
  • I also had an Authenticaton Module developed for my openam V10 server, and now it doesn't work. Is it necessary to re-compile this Authentication Module and update its library references to OpenAMv13?

    Thanks in advance.

El 05/02/16 14:14, Bernhard Thalmayr escribió:
[...]

see inline..

2016. 02. 09. 16:18 keltezéssel, Francisco Rodriguez Corredor írta:

> Hi again,
>
>      I have updated my openam V10 server to V13 but I have found several
> problems:
>
>   * before update I had two realms, everyone pointing to a LDAP server.
>     One of them has stopped working after the update, when I go to the
>     "Subjects" tab it doesn't show the list of users on that LDAP, any
>     idea? I had to update also JDK to version 8 and apache tomcat also
>     to version 8.

have a look at the IdRepo debug logs, you should find some clues in there.

>   * I also had an Authenticaton Module developed for my openam V10
>     server, and now it doesn't work. Is it necessary to re-compile this
>     Authentication Module and update its library references to OpenAMv13?

Yes, you should recompile the authentication module, the API may have
changed in the past 4 years...
You should also read the release notes about custom authentication
modules and how the service definition should be changed to make them
work with 13.

cheers,
Peter