about the maximal Session Quotas

刘梦云
Hi,
   When I access to the login page of openam, It shows me that it reach the maximal limit of session or the maximal session quotas has been used up.
I do not know what is wrong . Can the  maximal session be changed or the maximal session quotas be changed ? If so ,then how to change ? Any advice?

Re: about the maximal Session Quotas

Bernhard Thalmayr
If you have not configured session quotas (not enabled by default) you
may check

http://openam.forgerock.org/doc/bootstrap/reference/index.html#servers-session-configuration

-Bernhard

Am 22/03/16 um 08:48 schrieb 刘梦云:

> Hi,
>    When I access to the login page of openam, It shows me that it reach
> the maximal limit of session or the maximal session quotas has been used up.
> I do not know what is wrong . Can the  maximal session be changed or the
> maximal session quotas be changed ? If so ,then how to change ? Any advice?

Re: about the maximal Session Quotas

刘梦云
Thanks. I have not  configured session quotas. And it shows me that  it reaches the limit of   maximum Sessions . And com.iplanet.am.session.maxSessions = 5000
Is it because that  5000 users authenticated simultaneously ,so the error occurred ?

在2016-03-22 15:50:29,刘梦云<[hidden email]>写道:

Am 22/03/16 um 09:48 schrieb 刘梦云:
> Thanks. I have not  configured session quotas. And it shows me that  it reaches the limit of   maximum Sessions . And com.iplanet.am.session.maxSessions = 5000
> Is it because that  5000 users authenticated simultaneously ,so the error occurred ?

Most likely this is the case.

-Bernhard

> 在2016-03-22 15:50:29,刘梦云<[hidden email]>写道:
>> If you have not configured session quotas (not enabled by default) you
>> may check
>>
>> http://openam.forgerock.org/doc/bootstrap/reference/index.html#servers-session-configuration
>>
>> -Bernhard
>>
>> Am 22/03/16 um 08:48 schrieb 刘梦云:
>>> Hi,
>>>    When I access to the login page of openam, It shows me that it reach
>>> the maximal limit of session or the maximal session quotas has been used up.
>>> I do not know what is wrong . Can the  maximal session be changed or the
>>> maximal session quotas be changed ? If so ,then how to change ? Any advice?

>> --
>> Painstaking Minds
>> IT-Consulting Bernhard Thalmayr
>> Herxheimer Str. 5, 83620 Vagen (Munich area), Germany
>> Tel: +49 (0)8062 7769174
>> Mobile: +49 (0)176 55060699
>>
>> [hidden email] - Solution Architect
>> http://www.xing.com/profile/Bernhard_Thalmayr
>> http://de.linkedin.com/in/bernhardthalmayr
>>
>> This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information.If
>> you are not the intended recipient (or have received this email in
>> error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any
>> unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this
>> e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Re: about the maximal Session Quotas

刘梦云
The default  number of concurrent stateful sessions OpenAM allows a user to have is 5 , that is iplanet-am-session-quota-limit=5. So if one user authenticates on more than five computers ,will  the OpenAM ensure that only five sessions is valid ? Will the error which reaches the limit of   maximum Sessions or the maximal session quotas has been used up occur again ?

在2016-03-22 18:03:40,刘梦云<[hidden email]>写道:

> Am 22/03/16 um 09:48 schrieb 刘梦云:
> > Thanks. I have not  configured session quotas. And it shows me that  it reaches the limit of   maximum Sessions . And com.iplanet.am.session.maxSessions = 5000
> > Is it because that  5000 users authenticated simultaneously ,so the error occurred ?
>
> Most likely this is the case.
>
> -Bernhard
>

> > 在2016-03-22 15:50:29,刘梦云<[hidden email]>写道:
> >> If you have not configured session quotas (not enabled by default) you
> >> may check
> >>
> >> http://openam.forgerock.org/doc/bootstrap/reference/index.html#servers-session-configuration
> >>
> >> -Bernhard

> >> --
> >> Painstaking Minds
> >> IT-Consulting Bernhard Thalmayr
> >> Herxheimer Str. 5, 83620 Vagen (Munich area), Germany
> >> Tel: +49 (0)8062 7769174
> >> Mobile: +49 (0)176 55060699
> >>
> >> [hidden email] - Solution Architect
> >> http://www.xing.com/profile/Bernhard_Thalmayr
> >> http://de.linkedin.com/in/bernhardthalmayr
> >>
> >> This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information.If
> >> you are not the intended recipient (or have received this email in
> >> error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any
> >> unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this
> >> e-mail is strictly forbidden.

> Painstaking Minds
> IT-Consulting Bernhard Thalmayr
> Herxheimer Str. 5, 83620 Vagen (Munich area), Germany
> Tel: +49 (0)8062 7769174
> Mobile: +49 (0)176 55060699
>
> [hidden email] - Solution Architect
> http://www.xing.com/profile/Bernhard_Thalmayr
> http://de.linkedin.com/in/bernhardthalmayr
>
> This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information.If
> you are not the intended recipient (or have received this email in
> error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any
> e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Re: about the maximal Session Quotas

刘梦云
Thanks. If not  enable session quota, the active session limit does not work,right?  When I access to the OpenAM login page, it shows me  shows me that it reached the maximal limit of session or the maximal session quotas has been used up. I want to know how it occurred. I wonder if the  the active session limit is set to 5, then one users authenticate  concurrently more than 5 times , thus the error occurred.

在2016-03-23 10:42:22,刘梦云[hidden email]写道:

[...]

Thanks a lot for your answer. I have not  configured session quotas . And I try to log in to OpenAM console with a same user on serval computers. There is very few users trying to log in OpenAM console concurrently. Then  I see the error "Maximum sessions limit reached or session quota has exhausted" . A few minutes later, the user can log in the OpenAM console,and the error not occured again. Is it a bug, or is it  not a defect?  Any advice?
    The OpenAM version is 12.0.0.

在2016-03-22 18:03:40,刘梦云<[hidden email]>写道:

> Am 22/03/16 um 09:48 schrieb 刘梦云:
> > Thanks. I have not  configured session quotas. And it shows me that  it reaches the limit of   maximum Sessions . And com.iplanet.am.session.maxSessions = 5000
> > Is it because that  5000 users authenticated simultaneously ,so the error occurred ?
>
> Most likely this is the case.
>
> -Bernhard
>

> > 在2016-03-22 15:50:29,刘梦云<[hidden email]>写道:
> >> If you have not configured session quotas (not enabled by default) you
> >> may check
> >>
> >> http://openam.forgerock.org/doc/bootstrap/reference/index.html#servers-session-configuration
> >>
> >> -Bernhard

> >> --
> >> Painstaking Minds
> >> IT-Consulting Bernhard Thalmayr
> >> Herxheimer Str. 5, 83620 Vagen (Munich area), Germany
> >> Tel: +49 (0)8062 7769174
> >> Mobile: +49 (0)176 55060699
> >>
> >> [hidden email] - Solution Architect
> >> http://www.xing.com/profile/Bernhard_Thalmayr
> >> http://de.linkedin.com/in/bernhardthalmayr
> >>
> >> This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information.If
> >> you are not the intended recipient (or have received this email in
> >> error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any
> >> unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this
> >> e-mail is strictly forbidden.

> Painstaking Minds
> IT-Consulting Bernhard Thalmayr
> Herxheimer Str. 5, 83620 Vagen (Munich area), Germany
> Tel: +49 (0)8062 7769174
> Mobile: +49 (0)176 55060699
>
> [hidden email] - Solution Architect
> http://www.xing.com/profile/Bernhard_Thalmayr
> http://de.linkedin.com/in/bernhardthalmayr
>
> This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information.If
> you are not the intended recipient (or have received this email in
> error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any
> e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Re: about the maximal Session Quotas

Paul Figura
Ah, you said the magic word! You're using the same user on each attempt!

There is a setting (OpenAM 12) under Configuration -> Global -> Session : "Active User Sessions", where the default is 5.

You are probably running into limitations on that value! Try changing it, and see if you get rid of your problem.

Regards,
Paul Figura
Identity & Access Management Architect
Indigo Consulting Canada