cacheDuration-OpenAM IDP Metadata

Pankaj Singh
Hi Team,

how we canĀ support the cacheDuration and validUntil attributes on the EntityDescriptor element for IDP metadata.

I have updated the below parameters in the IDP metadata.But seems that it is not working.My IDP data is not expired and still application Federation working fine.

<EntityDescriptor entityID="ABCD" validUntil="2017-03-14T06:57:15.396Z" cacheDuration="PT1D" xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:metadata">

--

Thanks & Regards,
Pankaj Singh

Re: cacheDuration-OpenAM IDP Metadata

Bernhard Thalmayr
If OpenAM is acting as the SP then you may hit
https://bugster.forgerock.org/jira/browse/OPENAM-5641

If OpenAM is acting as the IdP then your SP might suffer from a similar bug.

-Bernhard

P.S. Evaluating 'cacheDuration' would be more complex at it would
require a timestamp to be stored when the meta data was imported.