has anyone used Cassandra rather than DJ for session/config/user store?

has anyone used Cassandra rather than DJ for session/config/user store?

Brian Tarbox
We have an existing Cassandra cluster and wonder if it's possible to use that as opposed to standing up various OpenDJ clusters.
Cassandra has scaling/replication/failover properties that we quite like...just wondering if anyone has explored this option.

Re: has anyone used Cassandra rather than DJ for session/config/user store?

Robert Faller
The ForgeRock release notes specify the supported configurations. At this time Cassandra is not a supported data store.

On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 6:45 AM, Brian Tarbox <[hidden email]> wrote:
We have an existing Cassandra cluster and wonder if it's possible to use that as opposed to standing up various OpenDJ clusters.
Cassandra has scaling/replication/failover properties that we quite like...just wondering if anyone has explored this option.

Robert M. Faller
425-985-4353

Re: has anyone used Cassandra rather than DJ for session/config/user store?

Bernhard Thalmayr
You could write your own 'Cassandra' based user data store (you just
need to iplement the IDRepo API). However there is no public extension
point for OpenAM configuration data store or CTS implementation.

Surely you could privately plug it in as long as you do not need any
commercial support from ForgeRock.

-Bernhard